Self Storage Tips & Customer Service
The professional management staff at AA Self Storage is available to answer your questions and help with your storage needs. Contact our Butner, Oxford, Oxford North, Raleigh, Henderson, Jacksonville, Leland, Porters Neck, Greenville or Wilmington, NC, as well as South Hill, Farmville, and Lynchburg, VA, storage facilities for customer service.
Follow these self storage tips when preparing to store your belongings. And remember, if you pack your storage unit efficiently, you may be able to save money by choosing a smaller unit size.
- If storing furniture or other items that can be disassembled, take them apart and store the pieces in clearly marked boxes
- Use the same size boxes when possible to optimize space and make stacking easier
- Protect furniture with pads and wrap fragile items in bubble wrap
- Fill boxes to capacity; partially empty boxes are a waste of space and can collapse from weight put on top of them
- Clearly label each packing box
- When possible, use wood pallets to keep items off the floor and to facilitate airflow
- Protect mattresses with mattress covers
- When storing clothing, draperies, etc., use wardrobe boxes to prevent wrinkling and dust collection
- Keep important documents accessible by clearly labeling the box and placing it by the door
- Don’t store perishable items (like food) in your unit – these can spoil and attract insects and rodents
- Do not store toxic waste, hazardous materials, explosives, flammable items, firearms, live animals, drugs or illegal or stolen items
Remember that packing supplies like locks, boxes and tape are available at AA Self Storage facilities. Feel free to contact the professional staff at AA Self Storage with any additional questions. Click here to download our customer information sheet.
Ready to rent a storage unit at one of our facilities? Make sure you bring the following with you when you come to rent a unit:
- Your current contact information (address & phone number), as well as the contact information of a friend or relative who doesn’t live with you
- Current, valid identification (i.e., driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- The first month’s rent
Before you pack your belongings into the storage unit, we’ll do the following:
- Show you the storage space to make sure it fits your needs
- Give you the opportunity to insure your belongings (you may also choose to self-insure)
- Explain your rent payment options
- Provide you with the facility rules and regulations
- Demonstrate how to use the security system
- Give you time to read and sign the Rental Agreement
- Provide you with forms for use in the event of address change
Also, remember that it takes up to 20 minutes to rent a storage space, so please allow enough time. We look forward to seeing you!